20121205

Scam info: davidyallo08@gmail.com Terri Williams Kevin Thomas verified-customers@tlen.pl

I been communicating with person via email over a car I have for sale on craigslist. The above email is similar to the one I got. I was suspicious for several reasons.First was that during communications with the email: christinenewton67@gmail.com, when who I thought was someone named Christine, would respond back, the name when they replied was Steve Raynolds. Also what was suspicious is that I am selling a $3500 car and they are paying me without even seeing it? Who does that? Third was that they wanted to also pay me thru Paypal the cost for shipping so they could have me, once I received the paypal fee's, western union the "shipper". Then because I am selling a second car also advertised on craigslist but under a different CL account, I get another similar request to pay via Paypal but using the email: davidyallo08@gmail.com. What really was the deal breaker to know I was dealing with something fishy is that they both had the shipping company as:
Pickup agent address

Name: Terri Williams
Address: 225 North Avenue NW.
City: Alpharetta
State: GA
Zip code: 30022
Country: United States.

What are the odds that 2 people wanting to buy 2 different vehicles from 2 different craigslist accounts give me the same speech of how and why they want to pay me via paypal and both want to have the cars shipped to them, sight unseen. I will admit that the stories seemed legit enough because I know Paypal is a safe way to obtain money, but I could not figure out how I could possibly loose. The clincher was when I got notification that appeared to be a legit email from Paypal that said the following and from the following email address:

<verified-customers@tlen.pl

SUBJECT: Message From PayPal ***Please Read This And follow Instructions**

Dear "MINE NAME WAS HERE"

This message is originated from PayPal company.We have receive an order from our client regarding the payment made to your PayPal account.

We just want you to understand that we have choose this customer care email address as to monitor the transaction between you and Christine Newton, and you are to get back to us with the western union transfer information for the pick up agent fee you are to send via Western Union.

We secure and update our customer account daily for self proclamation,our account department makes all daily transaction on account system to be solved, due to high daily transaction we received we commensurate on your fund in which one of our potential Buyer Christine Newton transfer the sum of $4,345.00 USD into your account which is reflecting on our account system, So we will greatly appreciate if you could get back to us so we can process and credit your account fully.

We do not appreciate any calls due to attending to many customer, we advice you to get back to us via this email to get full details of this transaction.

Be informed that this transaction is only available and can only be tracked and traced via email,so do reply back to us if you have any question about the transaction and not via phone call.




Questions? email us at: verified-customers@tlen.pl

Please do reply to this email. This mailbox is monitored and you will receive a response. For assistance, always reply to this email as is use to monitor this transaction between you and Christine Newton.


Kevin Thomas
Director Compliance

Email ID: PP1252


When I read the last paragraph that said not to contact Paypal and the Paypal email address was different from the normal Paypal emails I get from them, so this is when I goggled the Paypal email address above is when this website came up. SO BEWARE OF THIS SCAMMERS! THEY GO BY DIFFERENT NAMES but christinenewton67@gmail.com specifically tried to get me with her scam.



No comments:

Post a Comment