20121217

Scam info: Ojo Oladotun Barry Wood Nigeria



Ojo Oladotun
              6,Anu Oluwapo Okesuna
              Ota
              Ogun State
              Nigeria
              23439
service@paypal.com. <customercarehotline@mailservice.ms>

service@paypal.com. <customercarehotline@mailservice.ms> wrote:

PayPal

Protect Your Account Info

  • Use your credit card without exposing your card number to merchants.

  • Speed through checkout without stopping to enter your card number or address.

  • Easily send money to family and friends
Protect Your Password
You should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.

Congratulation you've got new funds!  
                                                 
Barry Wood just sent you money with PayPal using Credit Card.
Barry Wood is a Verified Buyer.
............................................................................................
Payment Request Details 




**PLEASE NOTE**
The buyer of this item requested this item should be shipping via (EMS Express Mail Service Of Usps Post Office) to the following address below buyer confirm shipping information.

Name : 
              6,Anu Oluwapo Okesuna
              Ota
              Ogun State
              Nigeria
              23439
Confirmed Help
 ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 NOTEThis PayPal payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment Reference tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both inequalities (buyer & seller).

Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send shipment tracking number to PayPal processing department at customercarehotline@mailservice.ms and our customer care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be retrieved and reflect to your account within 24-48 hours after shipping verification.Do send shipment tracking reference number to PayPal customer care security center  in order to complete the deposit,You are require to enter the shipment tracking reference number to PayPal customer care service at customercarehotline@mailservice.ms  for prompt verification in other to deposit the fund that has been processing in PayPal Account Database.


                                              **PLEASE NOTE**
Once shipment has been verified and the shipping tracking number sent to customer care hotline service,You will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL"  from PayPal informing you that the Money has been credited into your account.Do bear with us


Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team


______________________________________________________________________
PayPal Extras Credit Card®

 
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. Mail sent to this address
for more inquiry about your fund please Contact customer care representative@ : customercarehotline@mailservice.ms
PayPal Email ID Pfdg307                     
                           
 Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments 
instantly..                                                     
                                                                     
                  Copyright© 2012 PayPal Inc. All rights Reserved

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had an offer for my old wedding band/ engagement ring from this exact alias. It seemed suspicious so I googled his name. Glad I did. Always trust your instincts!

Anonymous said...

I was just scammed by him- do you know anything that can be done about it? I had instincts but diddnt know what to do to check it out- a friend of mine found this for me..

Anonymous said...

Just tried to buy a ring from me. Thanks for posting this.

Anonymous said...

Yup I got same scammer. On a diamond bracelet.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Also, just avoided this scammer. I was also selling a ring. Here are a few other names and angles he may use. He claimed he was deaf when ask him to call so we could talk about the details of the transaction. He used the name Clarkson Wood and a cell number 234-650-7169 for texting. He sent a reply text from 720-378-7677.

Anonymous said...

He replied to an ad I posted on Craigslist, and asked to set up with me via paypal. I am glad I researched before following through.
Want everyone to know he is still at it.

justme said...

Thank you I also have a ring for sell. About 5 minutes ago received a txt from this number so I just googled the number cuz I thought it was suspicious and from a scammer. Thanks for keeping us informed :)

Anonymous said...

Yea he tried to purchase both of the wristwatches I had for sale on Craigslist. Thankfully I could tell he was a scammer right away by his terrible grammar. This is why I don't use PayPal, only face to face cash transactions.

Anonymous said...

I have a bracelet on Craigslist. I asked for phone calls only. He texted me and asked if this was still for sale. I said I only respond to phone calls. He replied, "Oh sorry. I am a deaf man and live in Ohio. What is your paypal address?" The text number is 234-650-7169.

I almost responded back, thinking, how could this hurt me if I wait til the money is in my bank before shipping but then decided to look this phone number up to see if there were any links to it and scamming!

Anonymous said...

He tried the same scam on me March 12, 2014. He makes good looking faux paypal e-mails. When I saw the Nigerian mailing address alarm bells went off.

Anonymous said...

Phone number 234-650-7169. Dude tried to stick me with the same craigslist scam on my wedding rings. He offered to pay full price plus $50 shipping. I got the text at 1:30am. What a f***king idiot. Thanks for posting the phone number.

Anonymous said...

I have posted and ad on Craigslist twice trying to sell an engagement ring and both times the only response I have gotten have been from scammers, don't know if they are from different people, or all the same dude! One text was also at 1:30 in the morning and I didn't even bother with it...because obviously I knew it was a scammer. Last week I received a text from a different number than today and he tried the PayPal thing. We didn't even get to a name because I looked up the number and it was a Colorado number, in the texts he said he was from Ohio, I just didn't respond back after that. He is so stupid, apparently he doesn't realize the things you can find out on the internet! I just received a text again this morning with the 720-378-7677 number and I didn't even bother with it after I saw the wording and the number. I just looked up the number and it brought me to this site, now I know his name. I am done with Craigslist...all they have are a bunch scammers on that website! I have NEVER had a legitimate response of any kind from there! Many years ago I had someone attempt a check scam on me after I responded to an ad for a nanny...to bad it didn't work! Like I said...DONE!!!

Gabriella Gabs On Beauty said...

I just got scammed by this bastard Barry Wood aka Ojo Oladotun. He said he was shipping the iPad he f-ing ripped off from me to this address:
Abefe Olaife
9 Aso Rock Street
Otun State
Ota
Nigeria 02139

He is so good at this scam people! His fraudulent PayPal emails are so good they fooled me, and I consider myself to be pretty intelligent and not trust just anyone online. What a bastard.

Anonymous said...

I have a cell phone posted. Thankfully, I Googled the number first.

Meagen Ellis said...

I just got a text from this same number. I was selling a diamond ring on Craig's List. (Just happened this morning at 2:30am) Apparently, he's still going strong.

Anonymous said...

**Note, there are many restrictions on sending to Nigeria and sending diamonds, gold, silver ect is illegal** just found that out from USPS and UPS i had to share that right away. People who scam will tell you to send it as a gift or find another location /kiosk office. Below is information on the person who uses name "ojo olandotun''
on September 25 2014 i got a text responding to my post on Craigslist. i was selling a Diamond ring. This is the person who tried to scam me. He asked for my email and said he was going to pay via PayPal. Once he had my email he started sending me fake emails making it look it was from paypal. I would keep checking my account to see if the money was in there and of course it never was. But he kept saying he made the payment and sent me a invoice type thing that said the money was in there. Also he used the name Christopher Johnson. After a few hours went by he then said the money would show up in my account only if i mailed it and sent him a tracking number. lies lies lies. Here is some additional information her gave me. His text came from a number that started with (872) 222-79**. He told me he was Deaf, this is something people running a scam use so that they dont have to talk to you directly. He told me he was buying the ring as a gift. first he told me he was from ohio, then he told me the ring was to be sent to Nigeria. this is the shipping info he gave me "package must be shipped via (EMS EXPRESS MAIL SERVICE OF USPS POST OFFICE) for 2-3 business delivery days. Please bubble wrap the item inside a padded envelope secure paper. my shipping info is NAME: OJO OLANDOTUN, ADDRESS: 12LPALM, AVENUE STREET, CITY:OTA, STATE: OGUN STATE, COUNTRY: NIGERIA, ZIPCODE 23439. I would suggest if you are asked to ship anything to Nigeria DONT. There are so many laws against sending a lot of stuff, dont chance it. Even when i told him there was a restriction on sending stuff like that to Nigeria he said just send it as a gift. NO WAY MAN. I am so sorry for everyone who was scammed :(. This is not right and i feel for you.
ALSO i had called Paypal and they told me there was no paypals in Nigeria. In posting this i hope to help others by sharing my story. And sometimes when you have the gut feeling something is not right. most likely your right

Unknown said...

Just happened to me also, His problem is I am very familiar with how PayPal works. The idea that funds would be held until a tracking number was released is just so bogus. It's a nice ring on Craig's list. Definitely too nice for this looser to obtain it for free. BE CAREFUL ... there are people that want something for nothing.

Anonymous said...

came across this same person scamming on craigslist for house for rent in West Babylon, NY using phone number 234-650-7483. Trying to get people to send over deposit. Glad I didn't fall for it, but terrible! Hope this person gets caught!

Anonymous said...

Posted an iPhone for sale on Craigslist; they replied immediately, which was suspicious in and of itself. Also offered to pay more than what I asked for. Once I saw "ship to Nigeria" all bets were off. Texted from 270 238 4110. Beware!

Cre8tiveConsult said...

Thank you for helping me identify this as a SCAM/FRAUD before I even clicked on anything in the return email...

I had advertised some GOLD NUGGETS that I wanted to turn into liquid assets(CASH).

------------------------
Dear PayPal Customer: ME,

We expect the shipment tracking number from you within 24-48 hours so we can verify it with customer care account Database department and also we won't welcome any phone calls but you can reach our customer care at customer-care-deposit@accountant.com for any question cause we are a company and we are currently attending to many buyers/sellers via Email.Your funds of ($ 1100.00USD) made by Frank Billy is still pending on PayPal until we are able to verify the shipment tracking number.
We are doing this to prevent both buyers and sellers. So we urge you to get back to us at customer-care-deposit@accountant.com with the shipment tracking number and scanned shipment label.

Frank Billy Just Pay You Using PayPal



PayPal PPC001017:1.12.4:b871ddd5f15e6
PayPal, an Craigslist company
Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131

---------------------

WOW... I was immediately alerted by the links. Always check the link before clicking on it. Your browser should display the URL, if you hover over the link... DON'T CLICK. None of the links for PayPal were legitimate. I researched the customer-care-deposit@accountant.com link because ACCOUNT.COM looked very suspecioous for a domain. I found this!!!!!
Secondly - funds held until I sent a tracking number.
Third - NO CALLS
Fourth - Amount $1,100 is over the $350.00 + Shipping and Insurance
Fifth - Foreign Address Especially Nigeria - Every scam I have encountered that has gone passed the first email has been originated or money directed to NIGERIA
Sixth - I checked my PayPal account and NO MONEY

I would like to pop over to the address in Nigeria and visit this FRAUD. All assets found at that premises are most likely obtained by illegal activity from which I would extract it all.

Thank you again. BEWARE SCAMMER … BEWARE PEOPLE … BE AWARE

Anytime you sell anything on Craigslist, be cautious. The site is notorious for attracting scammers.

Anytime you sell anything on the internet... beware of whom you are dealing.

Entered on Saturday March 2, 2019 at 7:24 AM. Email was sent at 22:22 Friday, but that's past my bedtime(some of the time).

Cre8tiveConsult said...

Report ABOVE

Post a Comment