20121203

Working at Zingerman's reviews: Mail Order (Hate it!)

Second worst job I've ever had. Put simply, I do not like how they treat their holiday employees. What was the worst job I've ever had? After my first year in college, I had a summer job in a factory. It was horrible, but at least the pay was good. Zingerman's pays the holiday help $8.25 for Warehouse and $9.00 for Service Center. In this economy they can get a way with it, but it's not right.

Reading the reviews for Zingerman's Mail Order on yelp, Erin Y covers some of the things that stink about ZMO.


Review from Erin Y.
Urbana, IL 1/25/2010

If you' d like to receive gifts of Zingerman's in the mail, find a someone in A2 who will send them. The mark up at mail order is around 300%. Not just of the items made by Zingerman's, either.

They order delightful creations from all over the world, then pass the mark up on to you, the consumer keeping them alive.

I'd recommend doing a tad of research first. If you want the dried corn, you will save a ton ordering directly from the company it is produced at. Same goes for everything else they garner and then raise the roof on price.

I've noticed some Zingerman's employees giving every other establishment rave reviews. These are noticeably absent from the Zingerman's mail order.

Business practices here leave much to be desired. That's all I can say on that subject.




























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked the 2013 Holiday season in the warehouse. I received $9 an hour. Sounds like they raised the holiday pay rate a little bit. Anyway, I agree that working at Zingerman's was awful. It was so cold in the warehouse and I started developing carpal tunnel. My friends wanted me to quit, but I didn't want to give up. It's just my personality. Luckily, I found a new job before I left Zingermans. They have great ideals, but they treat holiday staff like.... I don't know... like drones? I would not be surprised if, in the future, they use drones instead of people.

Post a Comment